Monday, February 23, 2015

Fluency Blog Tick Tock

Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock... The sound of the pendulum swinging is nearly hypnotic. Tick... Almost zen like. Tock... I can almost feel myself drifting away. The cares of the day seem to melt from me. Tick... No more worries today. Tock... Tomorrow is another day full of wonder. Tick... I feel as if each of my limbs are being weighted down. Tock... Chimes! Discordant, awful ringing. Alarming and jolting me from my reverie. The striking of the clock signals time for bed.

I rise to complete my nightly routine. I have to finish everything before I retire. I change into night clothes and brush my teeth. I turn down the bed and crawl in. The covers are so warm and toasty. I start to let my mind wander and feel the fuzziness of sleep start to creep over me. I listen to the clock and relax. Tick... Tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment