Friday, February 20, 2015

Fluency Blog Concentration

I'm sitting on my couch. I'm staring at the blank white page, trying to decide where to start with my fluency blog. Seems like I struggle with this every day. As I'm looking at the white page, I remember a chapter from one of my favorite books that actually helps to concentrate. Although it is a work of fiction, it has helped me since I read the novel.

In the books by Terry Goodkind, he speaks of concentration. One of the main characters tells another to picture in your mind a field of black. On this field picture a border of white. In the center of the field, picture something that is close to your heart. Concentrate. Keep the borders in place. Now, focus on the details of the item. every detail, top to bottom. Keep the borders in place! Continue focusing on details. Imagine the textures of the item. The smell. The taste, if it applies.

This works for me almost like meditation. So far, not many people follow or read this blog, but maybe this trick will work for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment