Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Editing Others

In ENG 101, we are currently critiquing other student's work. I have a hard time doing this because I find myself struggling to be objective. It is easier since I don't personally know anyone in the class, but I find myself trying hold them to the same standard I hold myself to. I try to keep my personal bars high and not every person is the same. I can only work on me and hope that being objective is something I will garner from this class. Things seem to be progressing smoothly so far, and the learning continues as planned.

1 comment:

  1. I also feel the same as you. It is hard to critique other classmates essay's because we do not have a "standard" to hold them to. I know what I know but have no idea what you do or do not know. The only "standard" I have seen is the I believe essay's we read on the website. I used those essays as my standard for critiquing others.

    ReplyDelete