Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reflective Fluency Post

Today I have to turn in a post that is reflective of the entire blogging experience up to this point. I must say, it has been an interesting experience, to say the least. I have struggled to come up with some posts. I've had a herd time finding topics to blog on. I also know that some of my posts were lacking in the length department. I have such a hard time with this, I think, because it feels so much like a diary. I had one of those when I was younger and it didn't go so well with three siblings. I think this blog experience has done well with my writing because the audience seems, I don't know, more personal with a blog. I don't know if the writing itself has improved, but the flow has most assuredly.

I can see that as this continues my writing and flow will improve. I may have more of an adaptive period than most, but I think it's because this style of writing has to come back to me. I wrote in this style back in high school, but since becoming an adult most of my writing leans towards the technical aspect of things. I write mill requests and personal correction notices and other business type documents. My creative juices will have to start flowing again, if you will.

1 comment:

  1. David - I would have a difficult time with diary writing as well. I try to allow students control over where they take their blogs - what genres they choose to write in or choose to create. Sometimes this is difficult for students and brings about challenges like you faced. Considering what you reveal in your reflection, you have done very well. I see improvement and I think you recognize this for yourself as well. Nice. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete